FFTAHS Diabetes Education and Awareness Program
- Provides diabetes education and nutritional education to the 10 surrounding First Nation Communities.
- Completes insulin starts and insulin adjustments
- Liason between clients and MD/Pharmacists/NP etc.
- Provides diabetic screening sessions in each community – includes healthy food boxes for draws
- Provides presentation on diabetes and healthy lifestyle choices
- Provides diabetic training to health care providers
- Health promotion and healthy lifestyle education
- Services are available by self-referral, Health Care Providers, etc
FFTAHS Lay Diabetes Worker
- Provides basic, advanced and diabetic foot care
- Provides foot care in office to FN communitie
- Provides diabetic screening during community health fairs, Treaty Days etc.
- Provides individual foot assessments and proper foot care education
- Provides foot care and healthy lifestyle presentations
- Clients seen in office, home or community visits
- Services are available by self-referral, Health Care Providers,